Barton Rovers
Deeping Rangers


Josh Oyinsan


Scott Mooney, Luke Avis

Mike Goode’s Clarets claimed another higher grade scalp with this FA Cup Preliminary Round victory against a Barton side in transition.


Rangers started kicking down the slope and against a strong cross (bottom right to top left) wind and a home side intent on getting the job finished quickly – Rovers Jack Mace sent in a deep cross where Josh Oyinsan challenged visiting keeper Richard Stainsby with the ball ricocheting off of the forward and over’


Barton took the lead on 7 mins, Nathan Olokanmi burst to the goal line, a pull back found Oyinsan who applied the side foot finish past Stainsby.


Having withstood the home sides Deeping started to get their game going, David Burton-Jones sent in a cross from wide left, Henry Dunn headed back for Scott Mooney who was quickly crowded out by David Longe-King and Jordan Odofin, the clearance found Olokanmi on half way, the pacy winger sped into the Deeping box where Jonny Clay was on hand to block away.


Yemi Adel’s curled cross found Oyinsan in the Deeping box, Clay and Charlie Ward challenged but he still managed to get a shot in that Stainsby saved well.


At the other end. Mooney twisted some space to shoot – the shot being blocked away.


Ward was unfortunate that Referee Fletcher’s leniency only applied to home players and was booked for a challenge that looked hard but fair!


A loose ball from Dunn allowed home skipper Claudio Dias to release Adelani, he advanced to the edge of the box to blast goal wards where Stainsby made a good save, a rare error from Clay allowed Oyinsan free down the right, his cross saw Adelani shoot for Stainsby to make an even better save.


Rangers levelled on 42 mins, Dan Flack’s deep free kick was met at the far post by Ward, his header into the goal area found Mooney to apply the finish.


Deeping took the lead on 44 mins, Dunn’s pass picked out Mooney, his touch allowed Scott Coupland space to pick out Luke Avis in the box, a touch and drive saw the net bulge.



Half Time – Barton Rovers 1 Deeping Rangers 2


Deeping had the stronger wind at their backs for the second period and started out in their normal manner and were rarely threatened after Ebby Nelson-Addy’s pass over the Rangers back line allowed Olokanmi to run into the box where Ward’s pressure saw the shot at Stainsby.


Rangers were controlled and the game became more box to box.


A miskick by Rovers Odofin allowed Mooney the ball to run at the home defence only to scuff his shot under pressure from Longe-King.


Claret’s skipper Burton-Jones thrust forward from half way into the home box and despite defender pressure managed to nudge the ball past advancing keeper Lewis Todd to see the ball cleared from the line by Ryan Haugh.


Rovers last chance to salvage the game saw Oyinsan onto a loose ball on the edge of the Rangers box, the shot was easily taken by Stainsby.


It is Rangers who will be looking for their next opponents when the draw is made on Monday.



Full Time – Barton Rovers 1 Deeping Rangers 2


Attendance: 71


Barton Rovers: 1. Lewis Todd, 2. Jack Mace, 3. Ryan Haugh, 4, Salam Amoako (16. Adam Moussi – 77), 5. David Longe-King, 6. Jordan Odofin, 7. Yemi Adelani, 8. Claudio Dias (Capt), 9. Josh Oyinsan, 10. Ebby Nelson-Addy (18. Charlie Payne – 64), 11. Nathan Olokanmi


Sub (not used) 12. Jet Esso 14. Jack Keating, 15. Sam Beesley, 17. James Verney, 19. Paul Andrews



Deeping Rangers: 1. Richard Stainsby, 2. Dan Flack, 3. Tom Smith, 4. David Burton-Jones (Capt.), 5. Charlie Ward, 6. Jonny Clay, 7. Henry Dunn, 8. Michael Simpson, 9. Scott Mooney, 10. Scott Coupland (15.– 83), 11. Luke Avis (12. Jason Kilbride– 85)


Sub (not used) 14. Brad Hockin 15. Luke Hunnings, 16. Stewart Barrande, 17. Jack Marsden, 18. Max Fisher



Referee: Matt Fletcher
Assistants: James Reeder and Andrew Tregoning


Copyright 2016 - United Counties Football League
Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions